Great Better Business Bureau Cyber Shopping Tips
Get that credit card warmed up, it's Cyber Monday and according to the Better Business Bureau it can also open you up to scams and other pitfalls if you're not careful. Here are some great tips to make your Cyber Monday a good one...
- Don't be a naive shopper. If the offer sounds too good to be true then it might be. ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT so you know exactly what you're getting!
- Stick with trusted businesses. If it's a company you've never heard of, you can look it up on the Better Business Bureau's site.
- Make sure you are using anti-virus software when shopping over the internet to protect sensitive personal information that can be used to steal your identity.
- Only shop on websites that are secure, which mean if the beginning of the URL starts with https: then you are safe. the "s" stands for secure.
- Watch out for phishing scams and stay away from clicking on unfamiliar links and pop-ups.
- If your kids want to shop on-line, you can help them do it and teach them about potential pitfalls. You can direct them to safe sites.
If you follow those easy tips, then chances are you'll have a positive and rewarding shopping experience. Happy shopping!