New York Giants All-Time Leading Rusher Tiki Barber Speaks At Binghamton Sports Event
We had to wait a year because of the pandemic but it was well worth it. On Monday, September 28th, the Greater Binghamton Sports Hall of Fame inducted 13 new members and featured keynote speaker Tiki Barber. Barber is a legend himself as a New York Giants All-Time Leading Rusher and now as a sports commentator.
Get our free mobile app
Inducted into the Greater Binghamton Sports Hall of Fame were:
- Chuck Akulis, Stock Car Race and Wrestler of Windsor High School
- Tom Carter, Cross Country Coach and Showman of SUNY Broome and Seton Catholic High School.
- Bill Clark, Weightlifter and Power Lifter of Binghamton University and Vestal High School.
- Harold "Ty" Cobb, Football Coach and Athletic Director of Union-Endicott High School.
- Richard "Dick" Foley, Athletic Director, Basketball Coach, Track Official of Maine-Endwell High School.
- Rob Gardner, MLB Pitcher for New York Yankees and Mets of Binghamton High School.
- Bridgette Hobart Janeczko, Marathon Swimmer of Binghamton High School.
- Crystal A. Joseph D.C, Track and Field Athlete of SUNY Binghamton and Maine-Endwell High School.
- Daniel C. Kosick, Alpine Ski Race Adaptive Sports of Binghamton University and Johnson City High School.
- Augustine "Gus" Lampo, PBA Tour Bowler of Union-Endicott High School.
- John Pawlowski, MLB Pitcher for Chicago White Sox of Seton Catholic High School.
- Michele Tidick, Basketball Coach of Johnson City High School and Vestal High School.
- Broome Tech Hornets Men's Basketball Team 1960-1961.
Tiki Barber said that it was his honor to be able to pay tribute to the 13 individuals inducted into the Greater Binghamton Hall of Fame. Barber also noted that Binghamton is only a few hours from where he lives and he is well aware of our community because of its colleges and the fact that we have so many Giants fans.
Did you know that Barber has also tipped his toe into acting too? He played the character of Don in the Broadway show Kinky Boots. Being a man of good humor, Barber autographed memorabilia and photos at the Greater Binghamton Sports Hall of Fame ceremony last night including the above photo of his role in Kinky Boots.
That was clearly the last thing he expected anyone to hand him to sign as the room was filled with jerseys, footballs, and other sports fanatic-type items.
LOOK: 50 images of winning moments from sports history
Sometimes images are the best way to honor the figures we've lost. When tragedy swiftly reminds us that sports are far from the most consequential thing in life, we can still look back on an athlete's winning moment that felt larger than life, remaining grateful for their sacrifice on the court and bringing joy to millions.
Read on to explore the full collection of 50 images Stacker compiled showcasing various iconic winning moments in sports history. Covering achievements from a multitude of sports, these images represent stunning personal achievements, team championships, and athletic perseverance.