Extinguisher-Wielding Citizen Helps Save Greene, New York Laundromat From Burning Down
It's only Monday and I'm finding all sorts of great positivity coming from the Southern Tier of New York. And as I've written in my articles before, if I can send some positive news your way, I will.
This time, the positivity comes from Greene, New York. I'm always checking my Facebook feeds to see what my friends are up to and what's going on in the community as well as the various groups I subscribe to.
One that stood out over this past weekend came from a Greene Fire Department Facebook post on Saturday (January 22nd.) Wintertime seems to be the season when more house and business fires occur in our part of the country.
The American Red Cross reports that December and January are the peak months for house and business fires, and are more common on the weekends. According to the Grene Fire Department Facebook post, just after 7 p.m. Saturday, January 22nd, they were alerted to a fire at the Matteson Street, Greene laundromat.
The Facebook post mentions that upon their arrival, a person had used a fire extinguisher to help contain the fire. Had it not been for this person's quick actions, the results could have been much worse.
On the Facebook post, the Green Fire Department also thanked the Genegantslet Fire Company and the Coventry Volunteer Fire Company for assisting. Kudos to that person who helped contain the fire. There are good people in the world, and I'm sure the laundromat business owner is certainly appreciative as well.
via Greene Fire Department, American Red Cross